Your Airpods are probably gross. Earwax, sweat, dirt, and grime all get caked on the buds and in the charging case. It’s helpful to clean them regularly but you have to be careful not to damage them. Here are a few ways you can do it.
Cleaning your airpods doesn’t have to be difficult – in fact, there are a few ways to do it that won’t damage the earphones. First, try using a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to clean the surfaces of the earbuds. Be sure to avoid getting any alcohol near the charging port.
What are airpods and why should you clean them
Airpods are small, wireless earbuds that connect to your iPhone or iPad. They are designed to be comfortable and easy to use, and they come with a charging case so you can keep them charged on the go. Because they’re so small and exposed, they can easily get dirty which is why it’s important to clean them regularly.
how to clean airpods
- Don’t run AirPods or AirPods Pro underwater.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- If your AirPods or AirPods Pro are exposed to anything that might cause stains or other damage soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye:
- Wipe them clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Allow them to completely dry before placing in the charging case.
- Don’t attempt to use them until they’re completely dry.
- Make sure not to get any liquid in the openings.
- Clean the microphone and speaker meshes with a dry cotton swab.
- Don’t use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
The benefits of cleaning your Airpods regularly
Cleaning your Airpods regularly will fix any sound issues and restore their original qulaity. You can also try using a cleaner to ensure further protection against earwax build-up.
AirPods and AirPods Pro are designed to be durable and long lasting, but regular cleaning will help extend their lifespan. Plus, it’ll just make them look and sound better. So next time you’re thinking about how to clean your Airpods, remember these tips.
Cleaning your Airpods will also:
-Remove any dirt, dust or other particles that may be clogging the audio port.
-Eliminate any potential sound muffling due to earwax build-up.
-Prevent the spread of bacteria and germs.
-Restore optimal sound quality.